If you love Adobe® InDesign® or InCopy®, you'll love VIVA too, as we don't just make Adobe® documents editable in the Web ...
If you use desktop and/or server versions of Adobe® InDesign® or InCopy®, you can improve existing processes by using VIVA technology/products or develop completely new publishing, marketing or communication processes, which with Adobe® products are probably impossible or not possible in this form. At the same time you can even reduce your costs and choose between using VIVA technology as a complement to or as an alternative to/replacement for the InDesign® products:
If you use VIVA technology/products as a COMPLEMENT to InDesign®/InCopy® products, you can profit from the many benefits of Viva technology, without having to do without InDesign®.
If you use Viva technology as a REPLACEMENT/ALTERNATIVE to InDesign®/InCopy® products, you can profit from the many benefits of Viva technology, without having to do without the exchange of documents/data with other InDesign® users.
Why should InDesign®/InCopy® users use Viva technology at all?
As well as the cost aspect, the use of Viva technology enables the creation of completely new publishing, marketing or communication processes, which with InDesign® are impossible or not possible in this form:
Due to the excellent Import and Export functions of the Viva technology, InDesign® documents w.e.f. version CS4 in IDML format can be imported and also re-exported to InDesign®.
In this way you ensure that you can take over your documents from InDesign® (a), can work with both programs in parallel (b) and can return to InDesign® at any time (c).
Depending on the document structure, you can exchange documents between the applications loss-free. The take-over quality is extensively documented, contains many tips, is constantly being improved and adapted to new InDesign® versions.
With the Viva technology the following processes are possible:
1. You can replace the desktop or server version of InDesign® with the desktop or server version of VivaDesigner and take over existing documents.
2. You can edit InDesign documents with the desktop version of VivaDesigner for Linux, although InDesign® is not available on this platform.
3. You can in future equip additional workstations with the free or licensed version of VivaDesigner instead of with InDesign®.
4. You can use VivaDesigner in the desktop or Web version, if you want to provide (InDesign®) documents to users who only have “MS-Word®” or photo book knowledge. Here the users should have limited editing rights for the document and the user interface should be adapted accordingly.
5. You can use VivaDesigner in the Web version if (InDesign®) documents should be edited by third parties who should have no physical access to the documents.
6. On the basis of the Free Edition of VivaDesigner for Windows, Mac and Linux, you can pass your InDesign® documents to any users, friends, customers, etc., without anyone having to pay for this. Users can edit these documents (in the form required by you) and send them back to you (fully automatically if required).
7. You can personalise predefined templates from InDesign® or other programs with the help of a Viva publishing server in the Web (formula-based).
8. As an organisation you can use VivaDesigner (Desktop or Web version) particularly in countries where due to the language and writing direction a special InDesign® version is required or for which there is no appropriate support in InDesign® (e.g. for Arabic, Hebrew and Asian languages).
9. You can use VivaDesigner in the free or licensed desktop version, if (InDesign®)documents should be edited by third parties who have little or no financial means to buy software programs. This goes for private users or users in developing countries/regions like Africa or Asia. This also goes particularly for countries in which there is no or only limited Internet access.
10. You can create highly complex documents such as catalogs on the desktop or semi-automatically in the Web with Viva technologies, and further edit these documents optionally with the desktop version of InDesign®.
11. You can create highly complex documents such as catalogs, price lists, etc. fully automatically with Viva technology and further edit these documents optionally with the desktop version of InDesign®. Here you save the necessary programming of an InDesign® Server, which in many areas does not have the performance capacity of a Viva publishing server (examples: Dynamic layouts, speed, load balancing, charts/graphs, etc.)
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, Creative Suite, Flash, FreeHand, Illustrator, InCopy, InDesign, PageMaker, Photoshop, PostScript and PostScript 3 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Please consider our Trademark hints.